I'm filled with RIDICULOUS levels of GLEE over the news that The Umbrella Academy won an Eisner Award for best limited series. That's pretty damn impressive! Go Gerard Way, comic book author!! I mean, I
'm sitting here grinning like an idiot, so I can't even IMAGINE the glee-faces that Gerard is making... I am SOOOO happy for him! ::clasps hands to fangirly heart::
Today's crop of UA links, collected from all over the place and posted here for my own future reference as well as for fajrdrako
- Full list of Eisner winners
. Including James Jean for best cover artist and Dave Stewart for best colouring - go Umbrella Academy team!
- interview snippet with Gerard in a feature on Dark Horse comics
- he looks both relieved and THRILLED when the interviewer calls TUA "amazingly assured" and "a really cool debut". Rolled up sleeves! Waistcoat and tie - obviously part of his comic book author costume! Though he looks strangely unlike himself - unshaven and underslept, perhaps, but I think something's off in the lighting or his make-up, because he looks fine in the next clip linked below, which was obviously filmed on the same day.
- another video of Gerard talking about the UA
as "a postmodern superhero story". Looking hot this time, with bonus flaily hands of glee. ::dies some more::
- Series 2 is called The Scarecrow Blues
and apparently reveals a lot more of Number Five's story
- hurrah! I have a decided fondness for Number Five. I really like his slightly weird but actually quite healthy detachedness from the others due to avoiding the last twenty years of Hargreeves sibling fuck-ups, and then there's the fact that he's an adult, not to say an old man, who is trapped in the body of a ten-year-old. The latter is sometimes hilariously evident, like when he orders coffees from the rather hard-boiled waitress at a seedy diner in the middle of the night with a nonchalant "Two cups, black, my dear." And he wears shorts, school-uniform shorts, with argyll socks
. Because he's ten. ::flails::
- awesome pics by limmenel
from Gerard's ComicCon panel with Grant Morrison here
. Looking good, Gee!
- And lastly, a link to a pic posted by nokomis305
of "rumpled absent-minded Professor" Gerard Way clutching his Eisner
. GLEE FACES ALL ROUND!!